Circus Skills with Splats
Welcome to Splats circus skills page. Please drop us a line if we can be any help.
Circus skills day with Splats the circus experts
Health, PE, Drama, PTA, Circus and carnival projects,creativity, Movement, Teamwork challenge, Speaking and Listening, Coordination, Confidence and FUN
Suitable for all ages
Amount of pupils:
Up to 210 in one day (more on request) max 35 per class
How a Circus Skills day works
A Splats Circus day starts with a fun circus skills assembly for the whole school for the Splats teacher to show off their skills and for the pupils and some of the teachers to join in.
up to 7 classes of circus skills. We teach all the skills below, adapted to age and level of the group. It is suitable for nursery through to Secondary, Special Needs and adults. Maximum no per lesson is 35 unless otherwise agreed.
We can teach up to 7 classes in a day or work with a group for a full day. We can also put on our Circus Town show in a day with the pupils performing at the end of the day.
All our circus days come with Circus teaching materials including History of circus skills, History of circus toys, Circus teaching book, Circus colour in book, Circus town show and our circus town script for the pupils to perform. If you are working on a circus project or topic also see our Circus project page.
Every Circus skills day can end with a free family workshop for the children to show off their new skills to their mums and dads, brothers and sisters. Circus skills are all about learning and passing on skills and our family workshop is a great way for the pupils to do this.
Bookings and Prices
For availability and prices please drop us an email or give Mike a ring on: 07944 283659 or 0800 0288101
The Circus Skills we teach
Our lessons start with scarf juggling. They move so slowly they are a great way for young children to learn to catch and older to learn the juggling pattern.
Peacock feather balance
One of our favourite challenges is the feather balance. On one finger, the hand, back of the arm and eventually on the nose, chin or head.
We then teach a variety of tricks with one and two balls leading up to the three ball cascade juggling pattern.
Our plate spinning challenge works for all ages, from spinning on the finger to spinning from the stick and then balancing it on the chin.
We then teach the art of poi spinning a great coordination challenge
We then teach spinning, throwing and catching of a diabolo plus for the expert some more fancy tricks.
Great rhythm challenge teaching delicacy of touch and timing
Some useful links
TES - Some splats circus picture to colour in
Haddenham St Marys School – See Splats in action at a recent circus day
WHERE DO YOU TRAVEL TO ?
DO YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE?
HOW MANY OF YOU ARE THERE?
DO WE NEED TO DO ANY PREPARATION BEFORE THE DAY?
WHAT TIME IS THE SHOW?
DO YOU NEED THE HALL??
HOW MANY MEMBERS OF OUR STAFF DO YOU NEED FOR SUPPORT?
CAN WE PERFORM THE SHOW OURSELVES AGAIN AFTER THE DAY?
Plays and age
- by Katie and the Mona Lisa LIVE! Katie and the Mona Lisa is adapted by Mike Redwood from James Mayhew’s original book. Our…
- by Welcome to History for Schools. We specialize in writing and performing history theatre shows for schools. In just one day our History…
- by Welcome to Shakespeare for Schools. Since 1993 Splats have been producing shows and workshops for schools and families across the UK. Our…
- by A brand new Computer Science for Schools theatre show starring your pupils in just one day Recommended for: Computer Studies, Drama, Maths, Science Projects,…
- by About Splats Make a Play days Started in 2004 as part of The Wind in the Willows West End and National tour.…
- by Splats theatre shows and workshops 2014 – 15 Splats established 1993 by Stephen Richards a juggling P.E. teacher and Mike Redwood a…
- by Recommended for: Book week, Roman Projects,Teamwork challenge, Speaking and Listening, Fun day, Celebration. Ages: Nursery to Secondary…
- by Recommended for: Tudor History Projects, Shakespeare, English Literature,Teamwork challenge, Speaking and Listening, Fun day.…
- by Recommended for Viking projects, Saxons, Invaders, Drama, Teamwork challenge, Speaking and Listening. Ages: Nursery…
- by Join Milos and his Cow Daisy in Ancient Greek Olympic adventure. Recommended for Greek…
- by Recommended for Medieval projects, Drama, Teamwork challenge, Speaking and Listening. Ages: Nursery to Year…
- by Recommended for: Shakespeare, English Literature, Projects,Teamwork challenge, Speaking and Listening, Fun day. Ages: Year…
- by Recommended for: Stage Combat, Activity Week, Shakespeare, English Literature, Projects,Teamwork challenge, Speaking and Listening,…
- by Recommended for: Shakespeare, English Literature, Fairytale Projects,Teamwork challenge, Speaking and Listening, Fun day. Ages:…
- by Our Circus town show is a little different. The pupils still learn all the…
- by Circus skills day with Splats the circus experts Recommended for: Health, PE, Drama, PTA, Circus…
- by Recommended for Wind in the Willows projects, Animals, Edwardian. Drama, Teamwork challenge, Speaking and…
- by Recommended for: Art Weeks, Art History,Paintings, Creativity, Teamwork challenge, Speaking and Listening, Fun day.…
- by By Robert Louis Stevenson Recommended for: Pirate Projects, History, Voyages, Action, Teamwork challenge, Speaking and…
- by By Rudyard Kipling – Recommended for: Jungle Projects, Animals. Friendship, Celts, ,Teamwork challenge, Speaking and…
- by By Charles Dickens.Recommended for: Christmas show, Book week,Projects,Teamwork challenge, Speaking and Listening, Fun day,…